Saturday, May 30, 2015

Rain

Well, I came here to write without a battle plan. No particular subject comes to mind, but it's raining, so I'll write about rain. 

I love rain. It gives me a kind of energy I don't normally have. I think I get sort of high when it rains; a most peculiar phenomenon. It makes me feel as if the world is going a bit slower, and I get to savor each moment a little longer. I can reflect on things I wouldn't normally think about. I can run around outside and get soaked just for kicks. I can rule the world. Maybe.

And it makes green things greener. Beautiful.



Everything smells fresh outside after a good rain. A kind of renewal happens, like waking up from a long nap, and the effect sticks around until the air is dry again. Best of all, it's free! It just happens without us having to ask for it, at least here in the good ole Midwest. We've been so blessed this season with rain. Hopefully this doesn't change as we head into the thick of Summer.

Speaking of Summer, I have a really good feeling about this year.

Most notably, I have a new job. I'll be a retail sales and marketing representative at KJL Marketing, helping big name brands reach their customers with effective marketing campaigns. I'm extremely excited about this. It's my first full-time job, and one that pays decently, so I'll be able to buy a car and maybe an apartment before the year's over. I start in two days. June 1st. So anxious to start learning and doing.

Secondly, my birthday is in July. Yes, this happens every year, but this year I'll have money to spend. I'm thinking I'll have the 21st birthday celebration that didn't happen and go out on the town for drinks. Maybe spend the day leading up to that kayaking on a lake or something. We'll see. Might blog about my ideas later.

That's all. I'm going outside to bask in the rain now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment