Friday, May 22, 2015

To live

Like any hyperactive college graduate, I'm given to dreaming up the perfect life. The dream job, the dream lifestyle, the dream home... 

Here are the things I have on my big to-do list:

1. Move to Virginia Beach. Nearly every summer of my childhood was spent here, visiting family and exploring the city's natural and man-made wonders. From the shoreline to the Marine Science Museum, from Jamestown to Yorktown, this area has so much going for its residents. It always has been and always will be my favorite place. Case and point:




2. Own a Jeep. I don't know what it is that makes me love this car so much! It's just so versatile and friendly. The four-door model would allow me to pull something along with me. Perfect for road trips - something I'll be doing a lot.

 


3. Buy a small cottage. Other than being completely adorable, I would save big on utilities. Most of my time would be spent at work or exploring the city, so I would only use this space for sleeping, eating, and hygiene. Maybe a little entertaining in the backyard. This will probably only happen if I'm living the single life. 

Tired of the era of McMansions? Check out these 10 cozy cottages that showcase the charm of small house living. These homes are less maintenance, too!


4. Lead an active lifestyle. I would regularly be signing up to run 5k's, 10k's, and marathons. The boardwalk and surrounding forests would be my best friends. And I would do a lot of kayaking.

Kayaking2


5. Regularly visit local breweries. Local craft beer is one of my favorite things. I would always be looking for the perfect brew, chatting it up with my fellow beer lovers every weekend or at the end of a long work day.






6. Dream job? Not sure. My ideal job would somehow involve communications - magazine writing is at the top of my list, but I would be content working in the communications department for a company, local school or college. I also wouldn't mind a career in sales. 


7. Open a bed and breakfast. This is a very Lorelai Gilmore-esque dream of mine. I've always wanted to open my own B&B. Hospitality is an industry I think I would thrive in - being in the business of helping others enjoy their stay in Virginia Beach would be phenomenal. This is the Barclay Cottage Bed and Breakfast on the corner of 16th and Arctic.

Barclay Cottage Bed & Breakfast



8. Always be involved in my community. Volunteering will be an important part of my life, whether it's for a hospice center (what I do now), sorting food at a local food bank, or helping a local museum with regular operations.

 Inspiring post about making a difference! (Matthew 19:14) http://adivineencounter.com/what-to-do


These are only the highlights of the life I've been piecing together in my mind and heart. I didn't even mention religion. I would of course seek out a nearby church within the Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod.

I'm happy with my life as it is, but it's always fun dreaming up another one.



No comments:

Post a Comment